The executive diploma aims to provide an all rounded education of franchise management. The program is suitable for those currently working in either the franchisor or franchisee organisation, or who aspires to acquire essential knowledge and skills to start franchise operations. Delivered through a combination of didactic, case studies and problem-based teaching, students will gain practical insights of the franchising field.
To equip students with the basic skills to set up and implement franchise system within the organization.
To develop critical thinking skills in franchise management and relations issues.
Programme Modules Module
- The Building Blocks of Franchising Module
- Operations Systemization & Management Module
- Financial Impact of Franchising Module
- Managing Intellectual Property Module
- Issues in Franchise Marketing Module
- Franchisee Recruitment Module
- Providing Franchisee Assistance & Support Module
- Managing Franchisees Module
- Internationalization Through Franchising Module
- Project Paper
The Executive Diploma in Food and Beverage Operations can be completed in 12 months
Who Should Attend ?
This course is designed for Hotels, Restaurant Chains, Bakery, Food and Beverage Manufacturing Executives and Senior Supervisors of the retail food and beverage industry and new entrants to the profession. The course also attracts participants from various backgrounds. It develops from the basic principles of food and beverage knowledge and makes no assumptions about prior knowledge.
- SPM/O Levels Three (3) credits with 3 years of working experience.
- STPM Two (2) principals with 2 years of working experience.
- Diploma recognized by us with 1 year of working experience.
- Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Those without formal or higher education will also be considered if they have significant and RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE and can satisfy Open University Malaysia that he or she has the ability to undertake the executive diploma study.
Programme Fee :
- Total Fee : RM11,000-00
The programme will be run as lectures, food and non-food case discussions and workshops. Copies of lecture notes and any additional notes shall be provided where applicable.
Each participant will have to submit an assignment and examination for each module of the programme.
- Assessment -40%
- Coursework/Assignment -60%
An Executive Diploma in Food and Beverage Operations will be awarded by Open University Malaysia to participants who have successfully completed the course and passed the necessary coursework and examinations.
The programme will be jointly taught by lecturers from People Skills Asia (S) Pte Ltd and its Associates who are all have worked in the food and retail industry and are thus highly experienced.
Franchising – Pathway to wealth creation, Spinelli, Jr, Rosenberg & Birley,FT Prentice Hall
Franchising hospitality services, edited by Conrad Lashley & Alison Morrison, Butterworth-Heinemann
Franchise organizations, Bradach, Jeffrey L, Boston, Mass. : Harvard Business School Press Ray Kroc: McDonald's restaurants builder, Edina, Minn.: ABDO Pub.
|< Prev||Next >|